- Snuggling under a blanket with a mug of tea and a book. (Seriously, is anyone surprised that’s #1?)
- How quiet a snow shower is. I like the sound of rain, and I adore thunderstorms, but looking out the window and watching snowflakes drift down in silence is so peaceful.
- Christmas and winter-seasonal tea flavors. I’ve got the full spread this year of Celestial Seasonings’ line: Sugar Plum Spice, Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice (my favorite new one!) and Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland. I’m actually trying to use up some of my partial boxes of other flavors to make room, because I don’t usually buy five new boxes of tea at once. And then a few days after that, my grocery started carrying True Blueberry, an old favorite of mine that I haven’t seen for years, so of course I had to get that too. I haven’t even opened it yet, I told myself I have to use something else up first!
- The way the afternoon sun sparkles on freshly-fallen snow, before anyone mucks it up with their footprints…
- …but also the feeling of stepping through that crust of new snow, when it thaws briefly and refreezes overnight, so you get a layer of crunchy snow over the fluffy stuff beneath it. I really like that feeling. When I was little, it made me feel like Godzilla crushing a town underfoot, which was fun. Strange, I’ll grant you, but fun.
What do you love about winter?