It’s been too long since my last prompts post–I really need to sit down and organize my various series, so I can keep track of them better! (You can find all my prompts posts here.)
Since I’ve had music on the brain lately, and the plot bunny that won’t go away while I finish up the current project draft is about a band (squee! I heart musicians!), it seemed like a perfect topic to tackle next.
So, let’s do this. As always, “they” = the character in question, regardless of gender.
- Are they a music fan at all, or do they manage to go through life without being exposed to it much? Do they actively avoid music for any reason?
- If they do listen, then to what? Mainstream radio, or a particular genre? Current music, or older music from a particular era, or a particular time in their life?
- How do they listen? Vinyl for purism or nostalgia, or have they embraced the digital age?
- Where do they listen? At home, or do they have a job where listening is okay? Do they have a job where the radio is always on and they have no choice? Have they got music going at the gym or on a run? Do they sing along in the car or in the shower? Pro lip-syncer, or do they actually sing? Well, or badly? And do they care?
- Do they have friends/family who they talk music with, or is their love of music a solitary thing? Do they live with someone who doesn’t share their taste in music, and how does that affect them, or their relationship with that person? (Story time: I had a roommate in college who had a CD player/radio/alarm clock combo. I spent an entire semester waking up to Rent. I am so very, very tired of Rent, to the point where I can’t listen to it ever again, even now.)
Until next time, enjoy the prompts and have fun fleshing out those characters!