Why am I posting a book haul for May when there’s still two weeks left until June?
Because I need to stop buying books for a while.
Eleven of these came from my library’s book sale room last week ($5), and four more from the thrift store yesterday when I was there for something else and saw their book pricing had changed–everything’s usually 99 cents, regardless of style, but paperbacks were on sale 4 for $1. So I got four, of course.
I never do well with book-buying bans, but I have more unread books on hand right now than I’ve ever had before in my life. I’ll be getting a birthday discount coupon from Thriftbooks soonish (yay for rewards programs!) and I’m eyeing a few things there, but that will have to wait until June. And birthdays don’t count against book bans, right?
The full score:
- The Waste Lands, by Stephen King
- My Life in France, by Julia Child
- Blood of Elves, by Andrzej Sapkowski
- In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alvarez
- Homeland and Other Stories, by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Blind Assassin, by Margaret Atwood
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
- Saving Fish From Drowning, by Amy Tan
- Island of Wings, by Karin Altenberg
- Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
- Sacred Hearts, by Sarah Dunant
- Size 12 Is Not Fat, by Meg Cabot
- Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett
- Women of the Silk, by Gail Tsukiyama
- The Long Earth, by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
Seriously, I need to read down what I already have!