I’m a sucker for a good movie line, and the other day at work, I tossed out “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue” when things were going very, very wrong.
A handful of coworkers busted their guts laughing, while the rest looked at me funny. Turns out, not everyone’s seen Airplane!
But it gave me the idea to set out some of my favorite lines from the movie as dialogue prompts, because oh, the places they could go.
- “It takes so many things to make love last. But most of all, it takes respect, and I can’t live with a man I don’t respect.”
- “It’s a damn good thing you don’t know how much he hates your guts.”
- “No, I’ve been nervous lots of times.”
- “Surely you can’t be serious.”
- “You can tell me. I’m a doctor.”
- “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.”
- “But what’s most important now is that you remain calm. There is no reason to panic.”
- “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- “No… that’s just what they’ll be expecting us to do.”
- “What are you doing here? You can’t fly this plane!”
Have fun with them, and keep an ear open for good prompts when you’re watching your favorite movies!