My original post about this was a year and a half ago, and I never updated! Silly me!
Anything I’ve completed in the time since will get a strikethrough, and new entries to each category, or entries that changed status, will be listed in red.
Waiting for the Next Book to Be Published
- The Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss)
- A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin)
The Compass (Tamsen Parker)
I Own Them But Haven’t Read Them All Yet [read/total]
Study (Maria V. Snyder) Outlander: (Diana Gabaldon) Millennium (Stieg Larsson) The Sandman (Neil Gaiman)
- Preacher: 1/9 (Garth Ennis)
Doctrine of Labyrinths (Sarah Monette) Time Quintet (Madeleine L’Engle) The Dark Tower (Stephen King)
- MaddAddam: 1/3 (Margaret Atwood)
- The Hainish Cycle: 9/10 (Ursula K. Le Guin)
I Own Some But Not All [read: unread: unowned]
- The Expanse: 1/2/5 (James S.A. Corey)
- Realms of the Elderlings: 1/10/5 (Robin Hobb)
- Elemental Blessings: 2/1/1 (Sharon Shinn)
- Kate Daniels: 6/1/3 (Ilona Andrews)
- Age of the Five: 1/1/1 (Trudi Canavan)
I’ve Read the Ones I Own But Not the Rest
Blindfold Club (Nikki Sloane)[abandoned due to disinterest] The Hathaways (Lisa Kleypas)[abandoned due to disinterest]
I Own The First One (or More) But Haven’t Started Yet
- Gentleman Bastard (Scott Lynch)
In the Company of Shadows (Santino Hassell)[abandoned due to author shenanigans]
- The Broken Empire (Mark Lawrence)
- Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs)
- James Bond Original Series (Ian Fleming)
- The Inheritance Trilogy (N.K. Jemisin)
- Shadowmarch (Tad Williams)
- Elemental Masters (Mercedes Lackey)
- Wildwood (Juliet Marillier)
- The Edge (Ilona Andrews)
- Spellbinder (Melanie Rawn)
- Nightrunner (Lynn Flewelling)
- The Talisman (Stephen King & Peter Straub)
- Imperial Radch (Ann Leckie)
- Micah Grey (Laura Lam)
- Irin Chronicles (Elizabeth Hunter)
- and more (free) first-in-series romances on my Kindle than I could possibly list here
So… yeah. I finished a lot of the series I was partway through (Preacher being the notable exception) but managed, with the help of Thriftbooks especially, to gather many, many more series books to me in the past year and a half.
My series priority for this year was the Hainish Cycle, and I’m one owned book away from finishing; it’s a high priority on my TBR this month.
One of my reading goals for next year is the entire James Bond collection, which I have finally managed to acquire fully; I found the final two first at one book sale, then #7-12 together at a later book sale, before finally buying the rest from TB since I wasn’t having any crazy luck like that again locally.
I’ll try to remember to check in on my progress sometime next summer!