I am deep in the throes of rewriting #spookyromancenovel, and I am coming across some real gems, some honestly golden nuggets of dialogue in the midst of all the crap I’ve got to change, polish up, or cut completely.
Bonus: out of context, some of them are ridiculous! My favorite kind of writing prompt!
So have fun with these. Technically since they’re from my own work which I intend to publish, I should tell you to change them a little so as not to infringe on my copyright, yada yada, but a) you’re not stealing scenes or story ideas from me since they’re single lines, and b) I’m offering them for prompt purposes.
On top of that, the entire first half of the rough draft came entirely from writing prompts I was given during #fictober18. So it’s time I give some of that love back. Go nuts!
- “You know the rules. Prove it’s you.”
- “Your fault for being tailed, if that ever happens.”
- “My last hideout got taken over by wolves.”
- “Everything with you is blood lust and quick death.”
- “I’ll let you sleep again when I’m done.”
- “Why did you stay away so long this time?”
- “You’re the only person in the whole world who’s on my side.”
- “Will you be offended if I eat an entire pepperoni pizza by myself?”
- “I can’t tell if you’re kidding.”
- “I know I seemed calm, but I was panicking inside, you were dying.”
- “Scavengers do have their place in the food chain.”
- “How can you ask me not to pursue something that might save you?”
- “Maybe that will give me some inspiration.”
- “I can’t protect you if I can’t get to you.”
- “Don’t make this a habit, okay?”