I’m in the home stretch for some of my year-long reading challenges, on pace to finish a little early, and I’ve been having fun doing The Reading Frenzy’s monthly mini challenges since I joined. For September, it’s a back-to-school, Hogwarts-themed challenge.
I took a good, hard look at my TBR and did my best to choose books that would strike something off another reading challenge list, and mostly succeeded. I’m also (finally) caught up with all the books I got in 2016, my first big year of hoarding books–as of today, I have seven left to either read or unhaul, because after three years of sitting on my shelf, do I really want to read it?
The Chosen Ones:
1. A book featuring magic (or brown on the cover): Bride of the Wolf, by Abigail Barnette
2. A book from my TBR jar: Sweet Sinful Nights, by Lauren Blakely
3. A science fiction book: Alterworld, by D. Rus
4. A book with stars on the cover: The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, by Becky Chambers
5. A book that features the good vs. evil trope: It, by Stephen King
6. A book that has an animal character: The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Not that one or more of those might change–I don’t think I’ve gotten through a Reading Frenzy Challenge yet without substituting at least one book out for a different choice, partway through. We’ll see if this month is the exception!
What are you looking forward to reading in September? Any new challenges you’re participating in?