I managed to cover my three year-long challenges and The Reading Frenzy’s monthly challenge in just nine books!
- Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel
- So I’m a Spider, So What? Vol. 1, by Asahiro Kakashi
- Next Year in Havana, by Chanel Cleeton
- Red Rising, by Pierce Brown
- Full Dark, No Stars, by Stephen King
- Golden Fool, by Robin Hobb
- The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton
- Autonomous, by Annalee Newitz
- Sunshine, by Robin McKinley
All nine will count towards Mount TBR. Eight will count for PopSugar tasks. Six are for TRF’s Travel-a-thon: New York City challenge. Five are for Around the Year in 52 Books (one each week.)
I’d call that good planning! I’d say my average book-per-month rate is 12, which leaves three spots open (in theory, at least) for reading unplanned books (though they will still probably end up being books I’ve picked out for PopSugar, and they’ll almost certainly be Mount TBR-worthy.)
I’ve got a wide spread here, though, from classics to manga to post-apocalyptic to historical romance, so even if this is all I get through in January, I won’t get bored.