I had a showerthought recently–more of a shower-brainstorming-session really–about blog post ideas, and how lax I can be about maintaining topics as series.
I had hoped to have a new Writing Homework post ready by today–a series whose last post was almost exactly a year ago–but fatigue has been kicking my butt lately, and what little energy I’ve had to write, I’ve actually managed to funnel into working on Fifty-Five Days, at least some of the time.
But if I want to continue WH, it would be helpful to take a look back at what I’ve already covered, right?
- #1: Studying Description
- #2: The Worst First Line I Have Ever Read
- #3: Chapter Breaks
- #4: Drabbles and Self-Editing Practice
- #5: Vocabulary
- #6: Picture Prompts, Emotive Description, and Prewriting
- #7: Character Flaws From Life
- #8: Watch a Movie
- #9: Every Song a Story
- #10: And Then the Murders Began
- #11: Prep a Name Master List
- #12: Try a New Outlining Method
- #13: Song Lyric Inspiration
- #14: Freewriting
- #15: Studying Pacing
- #16: Housecleaning
- #17: Do Something New
- #18: Go Somewhere You’ve Never Been Before
- #19: Tear Apart a Chapter
- #20: Creating a Style Sheet
Just listing all of these has given me some ideas, which I’ll do my best to flesh out so this topic can go back to being a monthly post. I’d like to give my blog some actual writing content again soon–I know it’s been heavily reading-focused lately, when I manage to make posts at all. On the other hand, everyone’s been supportive and you’re not all abandoning ship, which I appreciate.
Until Wednesday, lovelies. Keep yourselves safe!