Waiting for the Next Book to Be Published
- The Kingkiller Chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss)
- A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin)
- The Archived (Victoria Schwab)
- The Boss (Abigail Barnette)
- The Kiss Quotient (Helen Hoang)
- Cyclone (Courtney Milan)
Series in Progress (books read/total books)
- Preacher: 1/9 (Garth Ennis)
- The Expanse: 6/8 (James S.A. Corey) [progress]
- Elemental Blessings: 3/4 (Sharon Shinn)
- The Memoirs of Lady Trent: 4/5 (Marie Brennan) [progress]
- Irin Chronicles: 3/7 (Elizabeth Hunter)
- The Giver: 1/4 (Lois Lowry)
- Foolish Kingdoms: 1/4 (Natalia Jaster)
- Modern Love (Alisha Rai): 2/3
- The Bromance Book Club (Lyssa Kay Adams): 1/3
- The Brown Sisters (Talia Hibbert): 1/2
- The Kingston Cycle (C.L. Polk): 1/2
- True North (Sarina Bowen): 2/7 [progress]
- Bad Habits (Staci Hart): 1/3
- Billionaires of Manhattan (Annika Martin): 1/5 [new]
- Baldwin Village (Jackie Lau): 2/4 [new]
Series Off My List in 2021
- Reluctant Royals (Alyssa Cole): discontinued after second book
- Sweetbriar Cove (Melody Grace): only read the first book
- Shanghai Girls (Lisa See): FINISHED
- Brothers Sinister (Courtney Milan): FINISHED
- Brookyn Brujas (Zoraida Córdova): only read the first book
- Not This (Annie Nicholas): only read the first book
- Ars Numina (Ann Aguirre): only read the first book
- The Fantasy Series (Alisha Rai): FINISHED
I feel good about my first-quarter progress on this, honestly. I’ve truly finished three series while only adding two new ones; I’ve kicked five potential series off the list by giving them a try and not enjoying them all that much. I’ve made progress on three more.
I had hoped to have another one crossed off the list by now, but I’ve read even less in March than I expected to, and I haven’t started the final book in the Elemental Blessings quartet yet. It’s high on my priorities list, though.
I keep looking at Preacher, sitting at one of nine, and thinking, should I tackle that this year? I’ve read enough graphic novels know I’m not a huge fan of the format, and they require a bit more mental work from me than reading plain text. And I’m aware the subject matter is, how should I say this?…intense. But it felt good to get through all of Saga, and all of the Sandman works, so it’s also on my radar.
Less controversial for me: I’m probably going to buy myself the fifth Memoirs of Lady Trent novel for my upcoming birthday, I’ve really been looking forward to that one.
I’ll check back in near the end of June with more progress!